Help graf_chokolo to fight against SONY

UPDATE from Dukio: Sony forced us to remove everything or graf_chokolo will going to jail. We can only get the donation page up for the time being.

Guys, i never wanted to take money from anybody for my work. And i always shared my work and code with PS3 developers and community. Recently i was working on bringing Linux to PS3 back, as you all know, unfortunately SONY managed to stop me. Many of you offered donations to help me continue my work and i always declined as you know. But now i really need your help and support in this fight with SONY. Please help me to pay my legal bills which are immensely because i cannot pay them on my own.

Here is my PayPal account: egorenar@gmail.com

And here is my bank account for direct transactions:

Alexander Egorenkov
Bank account:3726068
BLZ:60050101
BIC-/SWIFT-Code: SOLADEST
IBAN: DE62600501010003726068

Please donate as much as you can and want.
Thank you in advance.

Guys, just to make sure, my paypal account is OK again. I cleared up everything with paypal a week ago. The donate link above is for my legal fight only !!!

But who wants to sponsor my OtherOS and PS3 development, can donate here, i say to hell with SONY (it’s another paypal account which SONY cannot take away):

And to answer your question “What happens with the remaining money ?”, i intend to give it to CCC club so the club could help other guys like me which get sued by SONY or give it all to some charity organization. I give you my word on that and you know that i keep my word.

1,382 thoughts on “Help graf_chokolo to fight against SONY

1. XxRaVeNxX

I personally have no sympathy for him, the hacking scene has been underground for years..I personally don’t understand why he was trying to get famous/credit through hacking. I remember days when things were released anonymously and through third parties via IRC and other means. All I’m saying I remember days when shit was released and it wasn’t attached to your facebook, your personal blog, and your youtube account(Does anyone know who recently released that K_License Extractor or what Xport even looks like from the original Xbox days, exactly!)…he asked for this shit to happen to him…him and geo……get off that e-fame train..

2. Wesker

Ich hoffe auch nicht das Graf aufgibt! Aber Alexking vom PSPking Forum hat mal geschrieben: “Chokolo wird vor Gericht klar verlieren, weil die Sachlage eindeutig ist. Es geht hier nicht um irgendwelche Hacks, sondern um ganz simpel zu beurteilende Verstöße gegen das Urheberrecht. Seine Art damit zu prahlen, kommt bei mir auch nicht gerade gut an. Die angesetzte Strafe in Höhe von 1 Mio. EUR ist natürlich unrealistisch, aber auf ein paar tausend wird es hinaus laufen.” Und der lernt irgendwie Jura oder sonen kram. Evtl. bekommst du noch eine außergerichtliche Einigung hin wenn du das OtherOS beruhen lässt. Ich Habe größten Respekt vor dir, daher will ich eigentlich nicht das duz sonst was für Schulden zu tragen hast. quelle: http://www.pspking.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=37404&page=3

1. VATOLOCO_19

FUCK YOU JESSICA, HEY GRAF KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND I HOPE ANONYMOUS FUCKS SONY IN THE ASS SONS OF BITCHES

2. sirup

Hello Jessica, nice to meet you. As you wrote, you like to “fuck” Sony or Sony should fuck itself. Thanks a lot, that is very kind of you. Go ahead and express yourself. But that part with the “mother” is a little bit disturbing. Because legal enterprises don’t have a mother, which can be fucked. And, by the way, my respect to your mother for the fine education you have had. Have a nice day fucking Sony! ;-)

3. Jihab

I’m curious, is there any proof that what graf_chokolo is saying is true ? Sony raiding home and telling people “stop your work or else…” , really ? I mean, in Geohiot’s case, there were official documents proving that this whole court story was not bullshit but is that the case here ? I see many impressionable kids who are willing to raise a statue to their new “hero” (while in the same time bashing geohot for being a “Sony pussy without balls” ) but I know from experience that things are not always so simple as people want you to show them. So, what do you think ? i’m probably missing some valid evidence but I’d prefer to know.

4. french-guy

All the french guy from PS3.GEN are with you !! graf_chokolo you have to stop sony and to give some liberty for the hacker thanks graf for you worrk

5. Sauval Danny

I’m with you graf_chokolo, keeps your work in such good progress. Do not be discouraged because of the trial GeoHotz! Je suis avec toi graf_chokolo, n’arrête pas ton travail en si bonne avancé. Il ne faut pas se décourager à cause du procès de GeoHotz! Estoy contigo graf_chokolo, mantiene tu trabajo en progreso tan buena. No se desanime por el juicio GeoHotz! 私はgraf_chokoloあなたと私の、このような良い進行中のあなたの仕事を続けている。裁判GeoHotzのためがっかりしてはいけない!

6. Wesker

@Jihab You miss one fact, Graf Chokolo isn’t a kid and so don’t want to have attention! He has proven more than once he is able to do what he says he can do and that is not the kind of any child. Kiddies say they can do, but can’t!

1. Jihab

This is not what am I asking, I’m asking for proof that these raids really happened, not that he is a rela hacker (which there is no doubt anymore) Anybody (even a well known and respected hacker) can lie and say that he suddenlty needs money to cover his ass, it would not be the first one (remember Yoshihiro in the PSP scene) to be attracted by easy money making.

7. saf85

Hi guys One uqestion i ask before considering donating, where is the court documents to prove Sony is indeed going after Graf? Geohot was all but happy to publish his documents to prove he was being sued, Graf so far has not published anything as far as I have seen… So if you are indeed being sued by Sony show us the proof, if you have non you are lying to raise funds for your personal bum lifestlye. I mean come on, who can claim they genious enough to know and remember all the code they working on inside and out so that they can start their work up from scratch when Sony apparently impound your workstation… We are talking thosands if not hundreds if not even millions of lines of code, yet here we have someone claiming he has it all in his brain and he does not do like every other coder in history and work on one section of code at a time…

8. Janhei77

hi, also ich denke du solltest erstmal warten bis das cor gericht fertig is. Real Life geht vor! auch wenn es gegen deine prinzipien ist! Wenn vor Gericht alles klappt dann kannste ja einfach weiter machen, wenn nciht dann geh in die schweiz und mach es anonym xDDD

9. Splatsters

Graf only you know what to do. I for one will never purchase another sony product for what they have done to you and fellow Clever people. I mean come on raiding houses like your a drug dealer What the hell. Oh Volkswagon sent police to my house because i fitted a new engine i was confused because they was happy taking my money off me when i brought the car but now they want me in jail because i wanted to mod it a little .. Yes it even sounds stupid but this is what sony are doing to us all. Its a joke and graf if you was to continue i and all at our site are 110% behind you. Settle out of court only means that sony knew they was going to get a new A Hole. Any good judge would see what sony are doing and end this joke. oh well rant over Graf u the man geosnot is not peace and all the best in 2011

10. graf_chokolo Post author

To answer your questions about court papers, i asked my lawyers and they advised me not to publish it. But i will ask them again today and probably upload it tomorrow.

1. Jihab

Thanks for understanding, I know it might sound a bit unrespectful but you more than anyone knows that nobody can be trust and when money is getting involved, I think it’ s legit for us to ask for proof beside claims on a blog. Also, you don’t need to show confidential court papers, you could share the injuction you received the day police raided you, it’s generally like a C&D that website sometime get and is perfectly legal to share. Also, can you at least tell us who is representing you and which court in germany is judging your case ? There is no harm revealing this.

1. Medox

you logic detector isn’t working right. sorry but you really think sony would say “meh, we don’t know that graf guy. what is he doing? ah he is hacking our console to peaces? we encourage that. go graf!”… ? not to mention that the first time sony and the police visited him, we actually got a statement from sony, confirming the “raid”. so what makes you think that, after graf continued his work even faster and more effective, sony would all of a sudden look the other way, rather than hit again and hit harder. i don’t need proof. i knew it would happen again. it was just a matter of time. and it will happen again and again if graf won’t go anonymous. @graf after this last round of donations, save some money for anonymous development. i get that completely anonymous developers can’t really ask for money, because they are… yeah, anonymous… but developers who leave the scene, with some donations left, do have the money for some ps3s. and the skills to go completely anonymous ;)

1. Jihab

Can you link me to this Sony annoucement ? I really doubt a commercial company is going to communicate on stuff like this, which can heavily deteriorate public image (sony-hate fest on this blog speaks for itself)

1. Jihab

Funny how articles relating this event ALL share the same source, aka psx-scene, with sometime variations (a “spokeman” apparently confirmed the raid but nobody knows who that guy is or the source for that, seems like a rumor that suddenly became a “fact”). I call bullshit and i am really surprised how so many people jumped into this immediately without asking themselves if they were getting scammed or not. Surprising also how this news suddenly arised after geohot got more than enough money to cover his lawsuit expense… looks like someone find a good opporunity to make himself appear as the new “hero” of the anti-sony guerilla.

2. Medox

could you please stop your conspiracy non-sence and actually access some news sites? thanks.

11. NeRDzz

Yep Graf, Firstly thanks for all what you do on the PS3 scene. I hope you will continue your work and consequently defend user rights which are currently curtailled by Sony. So I wish also that all the community will help you thought donations. Ps: Sorry for my bad langage but English and German aren’t my mother tongues, one more proof which show that we are many across the world to admire your action.

12. Stefan

@graf just a comparism….you buy a car, engine etc. is ofc made my car-company etc. so they got the know-how and copyrights of how to build that engine as well as the blueprints etc. still any mechanican, as well as youself can look at the engine and “reverse” how its build, in order to fix it…you can even modify the engine (tuning) – and there are lots of public forums about that topic! thats what you’ve done.! think about it! and kick sonya’s bigfat-ass… :) btw. auf wessen grundlage raided sony denn dein zeugs? nach welchem paragrafen?

13. Nils

Better give up before it’s jailtime or you have a huge debt. I deeply respect your work and your principles but it’s not worth getting sued for them. I hope everything works out fine for you! Greetings from Germany ;)

1. Squarepusher

Just a question – how big do you want that straitjacket to be in the future? Large, Extra-Large, or Extra-Extra-Large. Because the kind of acquiescence you’re portraying here is what is going to result in that – you’re going to get Tyranny, 100x worse than what it is right now. Garbage companies like Sony are just getting first dibs now to boss the average pathetic customer around – the next step will be more steep and more dramatic, and no, this isn’t about videogames at all. I mean, hell, you people in Europe should have never let it come down to this – that corporations can get away with this stuff. You should have nipped this in the butt back when these insane laws were coming into place – yet you were all asleep at the wheel back then. East-Germany will be like a vacation resort compared to the kind of society you’re going to be living in by 2020 – in Europe it’s already a foregone conclusion anyway.

14. Soufiane Haimed

I have a great story SONY is like those old priest between the 10-11 century they told people just what they want and they want people to do what they want, you made a console so STFU there is plenty of consoles to get not the PS3 is the ONLY one on earth. PS3 is not limited it’s like the PSP we will HACK IT don’t worry SONY we will hack it as her sister because HACK DOESN’T STOP AT ALL ! you can create all of your firmware with protection and all of those stuffs but it will be hacked an turned into a CF in 2 weeks or less. BEWARE OF US ! IF THE NGP (PSP2) GOT RELEASED WE WILL RAPE HER LIKE THE PSP. Soufiane Haimed, From Morocco Come and get me SONY track my IP.

15. graf_chokolo Post author

Guys, it wasn’t a raid, they just came to my home again and they were allowed by a judge to take my stuff. Just to make sure you are informed correctly. They knew already that i’m a harmless person, so, no police this time.

1. Joel

Stop asking graf so many questions he is already busy with the lawsuit and bringing linux back. If you don’t believe him that is your choice but I’m sure graf is not the kind of person to make things up.

1. Jihab

Do you really think a judge can deliver the right to sony representative to come to your house and hold your computers ? Contrary to what graf naively think, police is not here because he might be harmful (lol at all these news site with their swat raid pictures taken from google picture, as if perquisition for computer fraud was happwning like in movies), police is here because they are representing the law and because only law representatives are allowed to enter your home by judge request, certainly not representatives from a company. Smells like bullshit.

16. Soufiane Haimed

FUCK SONY. They have no rights to judge you even if you are stopped practicing the HACK someone else will do it there is already a groups of hackers called the ANONYMOUS are making SONY very MAD.

17. crkfly

good working man sony ps3 you are thieves 600 euro for 2 years after having a ylod. hack Sony should be on trial for the bug ylod good man thx the hack continous … crkfly.

18. Pingback: Graf_chokolo: “It wasn’t a raid, they just came to my home again” | JailbreakScene

19. Joker

“GIVE ME LIBERTY, OR GIVE ME DEATH!” – Patrick Henry March 23, 1775. You may not be American – But you are my Brother. We Are Human. And I Will Fight Beside You To The Death For Our Freedom. We are The Children of God – No one but God has power over us. All Men Are Created Equal And Under No Authority Can Any Human Take From Another Without Disrupting The Balance of Nature. I Believe In You Graf_ All of us who were little kids with PlayStations “Between the stimulus and the response there lies a space, and in that space lies our freedom to choose..” “The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it’s real because that’s how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it’s very brightly colored, and it’s very loud, and it’s fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, “Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?” And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, “Hey, don’t worry; don’t be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride.” And we … kill those people. “Shut him up! I’ve got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real.” It’s just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok … But it doesn’t matter, because it’s just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It’s only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here’s what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.”-RIP Bill Hicks

20. Max

Graf, do you need more funding now that your house has been raided again? If so, just say. I don’t have much, but I’ll gladly do my share, and donate some.

21. Pingback: UPDATED: "Graf_Chokolo" has TEA with Sony for the 2nd time! - Page 15 - PSX-SCENE: We will never stop supporting the scene!

22. Anonymous

Hey Alex danke für die ganze arbeit mit der ps3 aber nun wird es zeit für etwas bremse ich denke du solltest zeit für dich nehmen und etwas großes planen denn wenn sony es nicht ahnt wieder zu schlagen. alles gute deutschland steht hinter dir

23. Pingback: PS3 hack case: Sony levels new TRO & seizure on graf_chokolo | MyCE – My Consumer Electronics

24. VeXeN

Dont give up GRAF dont let satan bring you down like Geohot ! if only i had your knoledge id help you every single day!!!!!! would you care to pass your knoledge down to me?? id be happy to Learn from My SUPER HERO.. Graf_chokolo..

25. BrokenRhapsody

Let it go man don’t let your pride get the better of you. You have done more then enough already let someone else pick up where you left off, don’t risk something your going to regret later your life. Even if this business means your life; really how old are you, how many years left do you have ahead of your self. Don’t let people on the internet tell you what to do including myself, if you want to do it then go for it, but weigh the consequence and result of all your options and then take your pick on what you what to do, not what others think. All I’m really saying is think about what you want for your self, all of us PS3 hacker, pirates, noobs, troll whatever else know your an outstanding person for standing in what you belive in, and also what you have given out to the community. Make the choice but decide which you you won’t regret more, its your life you tell how the story is told rite?

1. VeXeN

WTF! dont you get it?? its not just about graf its about all of consumers… Graf is the most VALUED ps3 hacker and even though no all sites refere to him as the ps3 king i do and he is!! hes the one who is bringing linux back to its old form or even STRONGer if graf wants to continue his hacking let it be! we will all stand behind him and whatch how he tears another asshole on sony corp!! i will donate every time he needs it i will test his reales everytime he ealese something for it is all can do

1. mecenefeaa

Dont you get that other people will continue his work? i mean your basicly telling the guy to be put injail. i understand he should fight back but for now sitting and fighting in court is probably his best bet right now.

26. Pingback: Graf_chokolo: “It wasn’t a raid, they just came to my home again” | Unofficial PS3 Latest Hacking InformationUnofficial PS3 Latest Hacking Information

27. Bugaveli

Graf I support u totally. I hope you continue because I’m Lovin otherOS. We need a freedom fighter that wont sell out, but that’s a major commitment and I personally understand if you decide not to continue. If you do decide to, you’ll be receiving a donation from me. You have the chance to succeed where geo bailed. You have the chance to prove Sony wrong and end their Gestapo tactics. It’s a lot to put on your plate. I personally believe that you are the one to do it. Quote “how far do we take this father?” “the question is not how far, it is Do you possess the constitution to take it as far as is needed?”

28. James Woods

XxRaVeNxX: “All I’m saying I remember days when shit was released and it wasn’t attached to your facebook, your personal blog, and your youtube account” Welcome to the 21st century, grandpa.

1. VeXeN

Foo get thew fuck out of here you lame shit! this is seriuous no time eto play like your mom plays with my penis in her mouth!!! If you wanna go DO something stupid do your mom!!!

2. fake graf_chokolo

There isn’t because this whole blog is a scam made to grab people money, playing with graf popularity and people’s love for heroes. Curious to know why all the news started from comments in this blog ? Well, i am not the real graf and i can still says things under his name. You can too, try it, the blog system does not prevent anyone to use that username. So basically, all that was posted here is bullshit and that donation page is a scam.

1. euss

fake ‘graf_chokolo’ / Jihab : Your FUD campaign and impersonation fails even more than the fail0verflow of Sony. I won’t even go into details, because your fails are obvious even for the most clueless ;) Nothing wrong with sceptisism, but spreading FUD/lies is crossing the line imo. Fyi: “<graf_chokolo> : Good news guys, my lawyers gave me green light and i will upload some of my court documents today or tomorrow.”

29. vox

Graf, we are with you, your courage is a exemple for all. I never buy a product from sony for the rest of my life. Good luck for the fight, youre not alone guy’s!

30. Pingback: Sony still has it out for hackers. - GameBlurb

31. Vaild0cmd

i wish sony would stop being bitches and let the world do what they want us to do.. Their acting like Oil industry’s and GM.PSHHH threatening you to stop i think you should continue.

32. saf85

Ok Graf look forward to some real proof you are not bogus riding off the back of geofag’s funds campaign. Do not get me wrong, I have massive respect for your work and what you are doing for the scene, but I do not like dishonest people, heck if you need money for hardware, software, living etc to progress your work I would be happy to donate if you just came out and asked for help to further your work, but if you use something like Sony taking you to the dry cleaners and turns out they never did, people will lose respect and start to hate on you like geofag after he lied about no compromise with Sony and to fight all the way for other os, then bent over liek a good dog taking it in the ass at end. So yeah, we are not asking you to publicise anything that gives your identity, adress or other personal info away, nor anything that Sony will try to use against you for apparently predjudicing the case etc, just some basic proof that there is indeed a case going on, something any fellow German could take to the courts and find out if this is truth etc. Once we have something like that, we will be happy to support, just like we done to geofag, but what you do end of the day after you get funds is your decision, it is your life and you need to think what is best for you and your family. Heck I still support geofag, but he will always be slagged now for what he done compared to what he claimed he would, but I still respect his decision, just not him anymore lol.

33. saf85

Oh btw, all you noob heads claiming you suppor Graf cos you want other os back, I call bullshit on you, yeah you want a ps3 to act liek a pc that has the equivelent graphics power of a pentium 3? Sony never wanted anyone to use other os to make the ps3 into a gaming pc, just they let you browse the net etc in your favourite os environment, so all those claiming Sony done you wrong cos they removed a worthless piece of shit pc from your life, pls make us laugh more by re-claiming that argument. Only reason every fag cried bout other os is they knew other os was the backdoor to homebrew and backup games, but now that the homebrew and backup managers are available, you still cry bout other os for what? Sure if Graf manages to reverse the code and remove the blocks Sony put in place for making the ps3 a gaming pc, then I would be happy, one more gaming pc for a fraction of price of my i7 rig, but then I am still not crying bout official other os since that will never allow me to use as gaming pc ever!

34. Krumpel

Hey Alex (if it’s ok I call you by your real name), You’re awesome and a personal hero of mine, because you have principles (which is very rare seeded in Germany (I do not give much on “my people”)) and you fight for it! If you need any money let me(/us) know! I’m charging a little money(I’m also just a student) atm for a few time. I really admire you for your skills! Tu was du für richtig hälst und lass dich nicht klein kriegen! Ich glaube an dich und was du tust!

35. skidrow01

All the french guy from gueux-forum.net are with you !! graf_chokolo you have to stop sony and to give some liberty for the hacker thanks graf for you worrk

36. XiorgON

Thanks for everyting you do for the scene and for the ReVolution to reincorporate OtherOS on PS3 , Dont forget , your cause is honorable, and the Sony justice not, If you can continue ,… Continue Please ,. and if you cant , Be anonymous and use public ip to share your work Thanks a lot for everyting you do in all nobless cause

37. King Reggin

Because of the damage this has done by releasing Linux onto the PS3, I hope Sony manages to get laws into place permitting them to execute all hackers that touch their system. Sony made the PS3, therefore, they own it. You merely are licensing it when you ‘purchase’ one, and they can revoke it at any time.

1. euss

@King Reggin : you make several mistakes: - PS3 was released with OtherOS - Because of this, no one was interested in hacking up GameOS - You own what you buy - You are legally allowed to run software on your own computer, open it up, solder, hack it, reverse it, modify/upgrade it, freedom of choice to install another operating system etc. - You don’t licence the console, you licence the software and /you/ can revoke that too (like graf wants to make possible: remove GameOS entirely and replace it with OtherOS++ : Linux/BSD etc.) Nothing posted here or elsewhere by graf_chokolo has anything to do with enabling piracy or circumventing DRM. Actually the opposite! I don’t understand why you even bring up ‘execution’ – Germany (and Canada for that matter) doesn’t have deatch sentences and have laws in place to secure consumers rights against legal bullying of international corporations like Sony. Eitherway, this is the second time you fail trolling imo… misserably… I suggest you look for a different daytime thing to get rid of your boredom. E.g. install Linux on your PC and actually learn a trick or two :)