Help graf_chokolo to fight against SONY

UPDATE from Dukio: Sony forced us to remove everything or graf_chokolo will going to jail. We can only get the donation page up for the time being.

Guys, i never wanted to take money from anybody for my work. And i always shared my work and code with PS3 developers and community. Recently i was working on bringing Linux to PS3 back, as you all know, unfortunately SONY managed to stop me. Many of you offered donations to help me continue my work and i always declined as you know. But now i really need your help and support in this fight with SONY. Please help me to pay my legal bills which are immensely because i cannot pay them on my own.

Here is my PayPal account: egorenar@gmail.com

And here is my bank account for direct transactions:

Alexander Egorenkov
Bank account:3726068
BLZ:60050101
BIC-/SWIFT-Code: SOLADEST
IBAN: DE62600501010003726068

Please donate as much as you can and want.
Thank you in advance.

Guys, just to make sure, my paypal account is OK again. I cleared up everything with paypal a week ago. The donate link above is for my legal fight only !!!

But who wants to sponsor my OtherOS and PS3 development, can donate here, i say to hell with SONY (it’s another paypal account which SONY cannot take away):

And to answer your question “What happens with the remaining money ?”, i intend to give it to CCC club so the club could help other guys like me which get sued by SONY or give it all to some charity organization. I give you my word on that and you know that i keep my word.

1,382 thoughts on “Help graf_chokolo to fight against SONY

1. wolfhack

Te deseo suerte , pues solo haces lo correcto buscar otro SO, veremos que sucede pero la guerra 2.0 ya a empezado y el el consumidor quien lidera la batalla

2. ShaDowZ

Ok, Arrêter d attaquer SONY sa ne sert a rien , en plus si vous pirater le PSN SONY coupera encore une fois le PSN donc sa influera en vers les joueur ( “Juste pour clarifier la situation, notre objectif est bien le PSN, mais l’attaque sera différente de ce qui a été fait jusqu’ici. Elle est pensée pour être plus respectueuse des clients de Sony tout en étant beaucoup plus problématique pour l’entreprise.”) n importe quoi sa sera problématique pour les joueur aussi donc arrêter la GUERRE contre SONY. Le seul moyen de sauver GRAF est de payer 1 million de dollars de dommages et intérêts donc faite des DON et arrêter d attaquer le PSN car les joueur sont aussi de la merde si il recoupe le PSN donc au final plus de PSN pendant 1 mois . ARRÊTER PUNAISE . Merci.

1. francois le maire

desole, mais j’ai honte d’etre francais. ton grammaire est horrible. en fait, c’est une catastrophe! **sa** ne sert a rien (,ca) et **arrêter** d attaquer (arrêtez) **sa** sera problématique (,ca) car les **joueur** sont (joueurs)

3. An Archo

I just hope that people help him… what he did wasn’t wrong but it doesn’t matter for those with power. I just hope that people with money can help him out… 40 years ago we didn’t had internet so it wasn’t a need, now days you take advantaged of it and people take away your freedom… everyday we advance things get complicated and more stupid laws are made to take away the freedom and liberty of the people, but then again we are living in a capitalist world and money is more important than someones life… I have a ps3 and I feel good that the hack happened, not to take his freedom away but that someone step up and did what he thought it was right for him… not everyone step up for his/her believes. I hope this leads to future hackers to learn and be more strategic in their actions. I wish all the internet in the internet in the world was shut down at least for a week so people learn that is something that we don’t really need but that is something that we can share freely with others, I now it was sony who put it down but what the hacker did was in my terms good. people in this world see things that aren’t needed more important than someones freedom… maybe if all the internet of the world is shut down people will unite more and start taking thing more serious than just being all the time entertain by things that back in the day didn’t even exist, so that this hack was necessary for all of us… yes is better to communicate with people all over the world but how many newborns do you know in your town?

4. Alfa

Graf, when you win this hold the extra money at least a month just to make sure if someone else gets sued you will be able to get them a lot of money instantly

5. Anti lizard

I suggest you and each of you pressure Sony in their own country for removal of other OS and the recent breach of personal data.

6. Fragenbär

wie schauts denn aus mit der Aktion das Sony schlüssel über twitter an 70.000 weitere Leute(follower) verschickt hat- auch wenns nit extra war aber wird eine Teilschuld damit nicht revidiert wenn sony selbst kritische Systemelemente verbreitet und somit selber die eigene Sicherheit gefährdet? Müsste doch zumindestens ein Stirnrunzeln vorm Richter auslösen. viel Glück

7. xxAKSxx

Hi i’m from a turkish hacker group named ..::HMANITY::.. and we all support you. F.ck S0NY you’re the best man we’ve ever read of. not even in the heroish stories. keep in there dude ..::HMANITY::..

8. elvmao

A mi personalmente me parece una gentuza tío pero que piensan que pasa cuando haces algo que no debes¿?¿? y contra quien no debes pues que la cagas y pagas amigo que se joda y ojala entre en prisión y que esos fantoches hackeenn que de poder hacerlo sony ya estará prevista para reparar seguro a prendió del reciente hackeo… Ademas esta el que se jodan millones de personas que pagamos y somos honestas por que un payaso la cague y ahora que le vienen dobladas se haga caca encima, solo me queda añadir… tío apechuga con lo hecho y no seas cobardee.

9. seifer

se nota q no tenes idea de nada…y si apoyas a sony q dice q la play no es tuya, q a pesar q pagas 400 u$s x la consola, y no la podes tocar!!!! no la podes modificar no le podes hacer nada….el q tiene el porblema sos vos…fiajte pensa bien…el no es responsable de la caida de psn..

10. Blasler

The only way to figthe against sony is no stop doing the scenes for ps3,creat more and more stuff like new cfw and so ever,sony will give up sue everyone,they cant jail everyone rigth?so dont stop cus we are the dark side of this figthe

11. Ricky

PS3 hacker: I’m probably going to jail soon German OtherOS jailbreaker can’t pay court costs, expects prison Recived this by from an email newsletter from CGV I work in the game industry. I myself had my psn details stollen by hackers. Sure im not happy some punks decided to steal all my personal details and stop me playing my playstation online. However I also accept the fact that sony are money grabbing assholes who treat customers like shit. As for sony trying to have a hacker sent to jail for replacing his OS . Thats bullshit and pathetic. As for sony trying to get hackers prosicuted for crashing the PSN and stealing millions of customers personal details , hmmmm maybe those hackers should go to jail . What gives you guys the right to my personal details ? Either way , I dont feel a single person should go to jail for changing his opperating system on his playstation. That doesnt harm anyone else and he owns the playstation. Wish you all the best of luck with your court case mate. As for you hackers stealing personal details from the PSN. Get a better hobby , it pisses me off and makes my job harder ^_^ Lucky for me I play the xbox more haha

12. Pingback: Cobra USB Firmware v2.0 - With PS2 Support! - Page 4

13. Pingback: Graf_Chokolo ar putea ajunge in inchisoare | General Zone

14. TLC1941

Habe dir € 100,- überwiesen.Ist zwar nicht soo viel aber wenn noch mehr mitmachen und du nicht alles versäufst kommst du vielleicht mit einem blauen Auge davon.Die SoNie Verbrecher haben echt ein Rad ab mit ihrer Abschreckungstaktik.Die hätten dir lieber einen Job anbieten sollen.

1. F U Spammer

Dude why don’t you get a life rather than spam a persons site? You are exactly the reason why Sony will continue to start shit over a small thing that they fucked up on in the first place rather than admit fault.. GFYS and I hope you DIAF

15. me

1) IIRC, the “threat” of releasing the hypervisor *IDA database* was given at the time geohot, not graf, was sued. Possibly as a offhand comment/joke. Hardly anything criminal. Even if coolstuff.rar contained the copyrighted firmwares, pirating one file (that is freely downloadable anyways and does not as such cause any harm to the copyright holder) hardly warrants jail time. 2) yeah, that was stupid. So give him a fine. But jail time? Really?

16. pdoc

sony always think they can be the boss of anything, they have bad customer service, they make promises they donk keep(linux) i brought a ps3 so i could run linux, one week befor the feature was removed because i needed the small space, i stupidly updated no more linux , they wouldnt refund, sold it on ebay haft price, bigest wankers on earth ps english not so good

17. LionsFan420

If you stop to think about it, Sony is in the midst of creating the most secure machine in the world. A machine so secure, not even the gov. would be able to stop what ever code Sony decides to run on this machine. Over the past year and a half, milions of people trying to hack the PS3 including Devs,hackers, and the normal person, only to gain knowledge from all of them. Soon, no hacker or dev will be able to hack Sony or the PS3. I say at least every other house has a ps3, all networked on the PSN. I could only imagine if sony took every PS3 on the network and encrypted code without anyone knowing like a chain of trust, and then turned against the gov. After all Sony has already Pwnd every living room in the world even with a video camera(PSeye). Scary thought in my honest opinion…

18. fusony

well i am glad its graff he wont take there shit and sell out like some people geocock when they were winning and had a good chance coming out the winner in the end this time sony have fuck up they picked on somone with morals and holds corporations to the same standard and you got all these goverments bending over backwoods to let sony bend there people over and fuck them go graff rip there nuts off and i am starting to hate sony that much that i am wanting them to go bankrupt

1. Wanker

You should be sued for posting on this site, traitor. Why are you here contributing to site hits. Hopefully Sony gets your ip address and comes after you and gets sites like this one censored in order to protect us from hackers.

19. brakken

Even though graph has a rather stupid sounding name (that goes for most of this entire “new” ps3scene he does quality work and when he asked for donations for extra you all flip out on him. He’s not the first dev to ask for them. PSN is full of stuff that cost money, but wait – you’re too cheap to pay for anything. Your mommy bought you a PS3, you read a few PDF’s to learn how to install the hacks and use a HDD. Complaining gets you nowhere quick. Be constructive. Help out. Please don’t just site and whine like a spoiled pig.

1. Whiner whining

Graf asked for donations and within a day said he had enough to continue on. I see no one whining except you and those that are pissed they lost a few days psn and need someone to blame, so they blame graf

20. Pingback: El inminente paso por la cárcel de graf_chokolo « lageekopedia

21. Ecniv

I don`t understand all these people that take time out of there day to come to this site and protest against graff?? In my opinion there are 3 options in this case: 1) They have absolutely no life what so ever and start criticizing everyone that actually has one.. 2) They are shareholders of $ony 3) They are shareholders from $ony without a life.. Anyhow just take that small piece of manmeat from Mr. Stringer just a bit deeper in your mouth so it will fade out your WHINING!!

1. me

Or then option 4) they are ignorant. But hey, don’t let Occam’s razor come in the way of a good rage. After all, what would the world be if people weren’t angry all the time? A Better Place (TM)?

22. chan

Yo graf we need these 3.6 keys bruda, i hear they are pretty hard to calculate right? Ok so heres what im guna do for you… You flick me the numbers and i will crunch them into the calculator, don’t worry i am a beast behind MS calculator, Ill have those keys to you before dinner. Once we have the keys we will need to insert them into PS3 HQ mainframe server keyhole. I will connect the calculator to the interweb and do it from there, dont worry bro i got u.

1. xRamses

Lol calculate crypted keys xD. You sure can type in 20 000 complex computational calculations per secound in the computer. But even if you can it would change nothing because the computer cannot calculate the hole key in a acceptable time. greets xRamses

1. xRamses

Because even if had a million Ps3′s the time to crack the keys would be a few thousand years. greets xRamses

1. xRamses

On second thougt, this guy may be on to something, this may be the only solution to finding the 3.6keys greets xRamses

23. so funny

Germany is the most pathetic country when it’s about laws. People who are hacking the ps3 or are the owner of kino.to or download music will go to jail for a very long time, not just a few month. people like this four guys (http://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/polizei-justiz/junge-mutter-vergewaltigt-prozess-gegen-jugendliche-beginnt/4270792.html) have to go to jail for JUST 5 years – and the raped a woman, … in 5 years these 4 guy will be out there, walking down the streets and so on, but hackers, downloaders, people like chokolo or kino.to-owner will still be in jail! that’s ridiculous!

1. me

Interesting link and statement. Would you happen to have a link to show for how long time hacers got to prison on average? Or even a sample case? Violence is an inherent part of human nature. Always has been (just look at the comments here!). So it is old news, mundane, and the punishments have been ajdusted to be appropriate levels [sic] over hundreds of years. Computer crime is new and scary. People do not understand them. Not everybody can do them. Hackers are different. Difference is frightening. Sort of funny that Germany of all places should not have an inherent acceptance of difference built into its laws. Which makes me wonder if your claims are not BS. Please link :)

2. sirup

It is FUD. Nothing more. Start to read lawblog.de and find out that nearly 0 / zero / null hackers or downloaders or raubkordkopierer will go to jail. This is FUD. And I guess that Sony likes to get a secret arrangement before the court date, just to keep the shit sealed and the fud alive. And their only weapon is: money It is something different to ignore court orders. Pay or go to jail (for some days). Jail is an option. Don’t be afraid of it. And their FUD dies the most tragic way.

24. Free

It’s funny that some people accept that sony can take away some functions, what would the same people say if they got a little nissan engine in their ferrari after a service? Well I say I would be happy to service their car :) I paid for linux support on my ps3, thanks graf u are a hero !

1. me

They didn’t care for the posiibility of Linux in the first place, so Sony didn’t “step on their lawn”. NIMBYism at its purest. Same thing with that Ferrari – if you are only to drive it in the city – the powerfull engine is surplus anyways due to speed limits. That means you have bought it for the prestige & looks. And what more, you agreed (EULA) when buying, that the engine may be swapped if deemed necessary (at the unilateral discression of the repair shop). Buyers remorse? Me getting swindled by the car sales man? Never! Besides, you always had the opportunity to not have your Ferrari serviced. Funny how car analogies always work :)

25. sirup

Your are no german judge. You are not allowed to judge about the acts of someone. Your are not allowed to call acts “criminal”. Your are not allowed to find someone has done blackmail. Your are not allowed judge about Grafs action due to orders. You need the ruling of a judge for that and the ruling has to be accepted. Of course is Sony the only reason for criminal charges. Their lobby invented this sort of crimes via DMCA and “technische Schutzmaßnahmen”. And neither the judge nor the “Staatsanwaltschaft” will act on their own until some told them to look at. Sony is liable for it in every moral and ethic sense.

26. Tometal78

Bonjour, Même si je ne possède pas de PS3 je trouve ton geste honorable. De plus l’attaque de Sony me paraît ironique car c’est eux qui ont créés l’OtherOS. Est-ce que Sony aurait le droit de s’en prendre à tous les utilisateurs de PS3 qui ont décidé de ne pas mettre leur console à jour pour préservé cette fonction, je ne pense pas. Tu n’as fais que permettre à ce qui ont été forcé par Sony de me mettre leur console à jour pour pouvoir jouer à un jeux de retrouvé cette fonction. Elle s’en prend donc à tout les utilisateurs lorsqu’il les a obligé à ce mettre à jour sous peine de ne plus pouvoir accéder au PSN en invoquant des raisons de “sécurité”. Je souhaite que tu ne lâche rien et je soutiens les hackers qui veulent te venger (tant qu’il ne s’en prennent pas aux utilisateurs) si tu vas en prison car tu n’as rien fais de mal, tu as réintégré une fonction ayant déjà existé et créé par Sony lui-même.

27. pimpampum

hey graf, what about a RSX driver for linux? You have some experience, you wrote several ps3 drivers for linux

28. Ecniv

Same thing with that Ferrari – if you are only to drive it in the city – the powerfull engine is surplus anyways due to speed limits. That`s funny that you bring that up because as you probably don`t know Germany is actually one of the last places (accept for circuits) where there are no speed limits on some places…. And you tell me witch idiot buys a ferrari Just for driving in a city, if it can do so much more… Funny how car analogies always work :D And I don`t know if it`s the same in Germany but Sony`s precious EULA isn`t a legal binding document in the Netherlands as it`s inside the box at purchase what means you are not able to accept the conditions at the moment of purchase….

1. Sevenfold

You’ve really have been missing out. They come in really big boxes, they are a homeless persons dream come true, its like living in a mansion to them

29. Ecniv

Lol what a comeback!! :S But I`m not in it to start a flaming war or anything, hope next time you reply to a comment you actually have something noteworthy…

1. me

No, absolutely not – lets not flame. It is pointless. But I just disagree with your viewpoint completely and utterly. You write: “And you tell me witch idiot buys a ferrari Just for driving in a city, if it can do so much more” which in the context of the car+engine analogy is translated to: “which idiot buys the PS3 just for games, when it can do Linux too” Well, a lot of people have done so. And the original point I made to “Free”, was to point out that these people really didn’t care about Linux, or that it was removed. Yes it was wrong to remove it – but who amongst us can stand up against *every* injustice we see -every day- in our daily lives? The part about “car analogies always working” was obviously sarcasm – as was (partly) my entire extension of “Free”‘s car analogy. You simply cannot compare the importance of the enginge in a Ferrari to OtherOS in PS3. Thus “Free”‘s analogy was a badly balanced one and could not answer the question asked in “Free”‘s post. Like you said – who would buy a Ferrari, and not to take it out for a spin? But there are plenty of phat PS3s that have never seen Linux. About my sligthly outlandish reply to you: what else could I do? Fist you attack me ad hominem, by suggesting I am ignorant about the world-famous German autobahns. Then you sidetrack the issue by removing the car analogy context by asking what idiot buys a ferrari just for driving in the city (my analogy assumed it – hence trying to show how off balance “Free”‘s analogy was). And you sum it up with a strawman about the EULA not being valid, which was not the point in either my nor “Free”‘s comments (nobody, except Sony, ever suggested Sony had the right to remove OtherOS or PSN+new games). I hope my explanation was noteworthy? :)

30. Matt

Yo men, congrats for ya fight with Sony, but.. i wish you use the technique ho o pono pono and be free, relaxed and in peace, i’m from Argentina, and i can’t send u money, but i send that technique and i wish u enjoy. Peace.

31. Ecniv

It`s not just noteworthy it`s an entire book :P I`m sorry if I offended you but I`m just a bit tired of people constantly flaming everything that has something (or even most of the time nothing) to do with what graff has actually done. But instead of replying to your last post let`s agree that in this case we will never agree.