Help graf_chokolo to fight against SONY

UPDATE from Dukio: Sony forced us to remove everything or graf_chokolo will going to jail. We can only get the donation page up for the time being.

Guys, i never wanted to take money from anybody for my work. And i always shared my work and code with PS3 developers and community. Recently i was working on bringing Linux to PS3 back, as you all know, unfortunately SONY managed to stop me. Many of you offered donations to help me continue my work and i always declined as you know. But now i really need your help and support in this fight with SONY. Please help me to pay my legal bills which are immensely because i cannot pay them on my own.

Here is my PayPal account: egorenar@gmail.com

And here is my bank account for direct transactions:

Alexander Egorenkov
Bank account:3726068
BLZ:60050101
BIC-/SWIFT-Code: SOLADEST
IBAN: DE62600501010003726068

Please donate as much as you can and want.
Thank you in advance.

Guys, just to make sure, my paypal account is OK again. I cleared up everything with paypal a week ago. The donate link above is for my legal fight only !!!

But who wants to sponsor my OtherOS and PS3 development, can donate here, i say to hell with SONY (it’s another paypal account which SONY cannot take away):

And to answer your question “What happens with the remaining money ?”, i intend to give it to CCC club so the club could help other guys like me which get sued by SONY or give it all to some charity organization. I give you my word on that and you know that i keep my word.

1,382 thoughts on “Help graf_chokolo to fight against SONY

1. Sandman

JUST FOR FINAL INFORMATION (so dear graf, off topics on this matter will finish, I hope) good luck fo your troubles ;) ————————————————— Sony is sending that mail to customers: (from blog of Sony Italy, translate by me with google translator) Dear Customer PlayStation Network / Qriocity: We found that between 17 and 19 April 2011, certain account information of users of services PlayStation Network and Qriocity has been compromised in relation to illegal and unauthorized intrusion into our system. Therefore on the evidence gathered so far, we have: 1) Temporarily disable the services PlayStation Network and Qriocity; 2) Hired a competent agency for external security, to conduct a thorough and extensive investigation of what happened; 3) promptly taken measures to improve security and strengthen the infrastructure of our network, rebuilding the entire system to provide greater protection for your personal information. We appreciate your patience and good will as we work intensively to solve these problems. While investigating the details of this incident, we believe that an unauthorized party has obtained the following information you previously provided: name, address (city, state / province, postal code), country, email address, date of birth, passwords, PSN ID login and online / mobile. It is also possible that the data in your profile have been identified, including purchase history and address of Charge (city, state / province, postal code). If you have authorized a sub-account to a family member, we inform you that the same data can be collected. Although there is no evidence that the data in your credit card has been taken in this circumstance, we can not exclude this possibility ‘. If you have provided the details of your credit card over the PlayStation Network or Qriocity to inform you that the security of your credit card number (except the security code) and the expiry date may have been detected. For your safety, please be extra vigilant against scams via email, phone, and snail mail that ask for personal information or sensitive data. Sony will contact you in any way, including via email, asking the number of credit card, social security number, or other similar data or information that is personally identifiable with you. If you are asked this information, you can be sure that it is not Sony. Also, if using the same username and password for your account or Qriocity services PlayStation Network and for other services or accounts they are not connected, you strongly urge you to change them. When services PlayStation Network and Qriocity will again be operating at all, we recommend that you also have access to change your password. To protect against possible theft of personal data or financial damage, we encourage you to remain vigilant to check the status of your account and monitor the movements of your credit. Thank you for your patience while we complete the investigation into this incident and we are sorry for any inconvenience caused. Our teams are working tirelessly in this regard, and each service becomes available as soon as possible. Sony is the protection of classified information very seriously and will continue to work to ensure that further measures are taken to protect personal information about the identification. Providing quality entertainment services and the safety of our customers is our top priority. Please contact us at http://www.it.playstation.com / psnoutage in case you have further questions. Sincerely, Network Sony Entertainment and Sony Computer Entertainment Teams

2. Pingback: Zum Playstation-Network-Hack: “Kann sein.”

3. Pingback: Der Datenklau aus dem Sony Playstaten Netzwerk | POSTED PLANET

4. biobunny

Hey people, Graf won’t talk here if there’s hatred, or any insults against him. Haters here are some facts: 1. Hackers in the homebrew, jailbreaking and bring-Linux-to-every-device communities don’t support Piracy and are unrelated to people who hack (as a example) the US military, and don’t destroy the user experience for the “jailed” users. 2. Hackers aren’t necessarily bad in fact allot of device hackers bring lots of innovation regardless of their money. 3. Cheaters (as in COD) are people living in their basement that are lacking skill. 4. The PSN outage is not Graf’s, GeoHot’s, or other major Dev’s fault. 5. Look at this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux and look at those pictures if you can’t read and think how that would look with a PS3. Graf is bringing a whole computer to a PS3. 6. What you’re saying is similar to this one “PSN is down! Bloody Microsoft!”, other person “But it’s not their fault”. “Yes but they both make games, right.” (sorry for spelling miskates)

1. cMoStWanteD

Hello, I also have a Playstation 3 but i understand why some Crew or someone else did this to the PSN ;) I’ve sent Sony a very angry Mail and hope that they read it… I hope the “people” or the one who hacked the PSN is a Type like GeoHot or Graf_Chokolo, I think they didn’t anything wrong with the Data which they get from the Hack :) If they took 1€ from each Creditcard which they get it’s okay for me :) So they have enough Money to Fight back against Sony ;) Is there any way to contact Graf? I’ve read that his Stuff gets picked up… (sorry for that) I’ve some Interesting questions to him and I hope i can contact him? I understand you and hope to hear from him or a colleague of him. Thanks alot.

5. graf_chokolo

Guys, i was never involved in any PSN hacking. I have never had a PSN account even. All i’m interested is hypervisor and Linux on PS3.

6. graf_chokolo

SONY is the ONLY one here to blame for PSN problems. They are responsible for our private data and they were incompetent, reckless and careless. Instead of spending tons of money on their army of lawyers they should hire better programmers and security stuff.

1. joni

They are protecting THEIR software but they don’t protect OUR private information. Make, Believe. $ony XD

7. Hamburger no PS User

Grüße werter Graf ! Wie mein Nick bereits verrät besitze ich nicht einmal eine Playstation oder eine Konsole. Vorgestern bin ich das erste mal über dieses Thema gestolpert, angefangen bei Geohot und dann hin zu dir. Hat mich 5 h Schlaf gekostet bis ich einigermaßen bescheid wusste wer du bist und was du machst. Ich habe Respekt und Hochachtung vor deiner Arbeit und werde meinen kleinen Teil dazu beitragen sobald mein Gehalt da ist. Ich möchte dir noch auf diesem Wege mitgeben das du dich nicht von solchen Torfköppen bezüglich des Sony Hacks runterziehen lassen solltest (ich gehe fest davon aus das du auch nicht so reagierst). Und dir ist sicherlich auch klar wie und wo solche Aussagen einzuordnen sind, denn hier gilt: nicht alles glauben, was man ließt und wer nicht viel weiß, muss viel glauben. In diesem Sinne Daumen hoch und ein Hanseat verbeugt sich nur vor Gott ;)

8. cMoStWanteD

Hi i hope i helped you a little bit with my Donate ;) Please take alook at my comment at the Post from: biobunny Hope to hear from you… or a friend of you.

9. bigup

Bigup to graf chokolo for his work for the linux/ps3 community. Fire bun $ONY and their corporate lawyers. SONY is too stupid to protect private data of users. They sue innocent wise programmers instead. Fuck them SONY mongers.

1. sirup

Hello Sony customer, you have a deal with Sony, not with graf chokolo. Please address your complain to the party of the contract, to Sony. Sony is liable for the PSN. Thank you for respecting the law.

10. Spider3

Hi Graf, my Salary has arrived. As promised, I am donating what I could afford for this month. 50 Euro are already on your account. I really hope you are progressing well with your fight with Sony (hopefully now they will need their lawyers elsewhere..psn down and CCs steal anyone? :P :P :P ), and keep us updated. Hope more donations will follow from the rest of the community. Remember, just ask if you need (again) hardware. We are here to help. (and Yes, I can’t avoid to make an evil satisfied grin reading at the sony news.) Wish you all the best from the close Switzerland ;)

11. Socrack

OMFG, there are humans all over the world, starving, begging 4 a drop of water and dying of thirst! And u are donating this poor little boy that cant keep his hobby to himself. I hope u have a good assignment 4 that money that ur “fans” worked hard for!

1. flt

Dont spend your life here,join red cross,help people,instead of bitching how people spending their money and time.

2. sirup

This isn’t “Oh my fucking god”? I thought god has tits and get fucked. But you have right. It is a crime to spend money to the graf while people are suffering. Further more, it was a greater crime to buy a PS3. And one of the greatest of all time, to design it. Just imagine how much children could have been saved if Sony spend the money for the PS3 development. Glad to see, we are all sinners. Some more. Some less. Live long and prosper. If you are able to handle your sins.

1. xPreatorianx

12. YOU SUCK

First off nobody needs Linux on ps3. Linux sucks! Why the fuck do you care if ps3 has linux if you don’t even have a psn account! You don’t deserve shit! I hope you go to jail because thanks to you millions of people can’t play, including me, for more than a week! How about you and your little pal George leave us and ps3 alone!

1. ModIT

Bad withdrawl huh? Get some fresh air and rethink it… Linux sucks and nobody needs it. Graf cares about linux, but doesnt have a psn account. Did i miss something? Linux is needed for PSN? Or is PSN needed for Linux? I’m really confused now… Im curious – what do you think is linux???

1. biobunny

Linux is basically a free Windows OS and most supercomputers run Linux as well as ally of web servers. Linux is awesome. Graf and Geohot didn’t hack PSN and ARE NOT related to the people who did as there are more different types of hackers. In fact they don’t even own a PSN account. If you want to insult someone insult someone that is not related to this $h1+. And about that “Why are you so stupid to donate to Graf instead of people that are starving”. Well did you? Because YOU are only happy enough if you can play your COD online and don’t bother about the other people suffering. Graf is in fact not really a hacker but a innovator that brought back what was lost.

13. YOU SUCK

By the way adding on to my first comment that I wrote, Get a life because it’s pretty sad that you and George hack stuff. You must have no life and are most likely living with your mom and probably don’t have and will never have a girlfriend

1. ModIT

Says the addict, who trolls in a dev forum, because he’s suffering from psn withdrawl :D The best thing about this psn hack : The average 14 y.o. sony-fanboy has no credit card, so they probably used their parents card. So lets hope the criminals clear the card, so kiddies will never be allowed to touch their ps3 again :D

1. cMoStWanteD

LooL i have a PS3 too :) But why the Kiddies are flaming? Because they cant Play there Eyepet Game??? Go and buy a real cat or dog and play with it :D YOU SUCK you say that Graf didnt have a life? But whats wrong with you? You gone Crazy because you cant Play EyePet???? So whats that for a Life???

2. jordanmoore

AFAIK the PS3 console itself is based on Linux.. so without that you wouldn’t have the PS3 you have now. The PSN runs on a Linux server. Linux powers some of the most powerful computer systems in the world and is behind the vast majority of the websites you visit. Before you go trolling you should actually research what you’re talking about. P.S: Judging by your post, you’re the kid living with your mum whose never had a girlfriend flaming here because of the PSN outage. Which graf has nothing to do with to be honest!

14. graf_chokolo

Guys, if you want to support our “fight” against SONY then take a look at this page please and make your important contribution (it’s not about money donations). Thanks. http://www.psjustice.com

1. Sandman

graf ;) , just a little problem… the pdf document I download from very interesting “psjustice” is in german language, not english! who knows? lol

15. Spider3

I Won’t loose time trolling around with the fansboy here. Just for your Information, I also do regular donations both for ANIMALS and PEOPLES every year. So Shut the fuck up, I am sure you complain about donating to Graf but you are not spending a SINGLE CENT to donate to starving people as you say, therefore get the f*ck out of this blog and go supporting your grandma Sony to bring back your PSN (for that, we repeated 100000000 time, Graf is NOT responsable at all..if you ever read the news or the email sony is sending you, and you connect the portion of your brain you are using not only on psn, you will be able to understand). Stop trolling-reply. Now about you Graf, I wants to be sure that this site is legitimate. Can you send me an email to verify it’s really you that you posted it ;) ? I will then send this link to the ps news site so psjustice can get a new round of donations. Thanks and keep fighting.

1. graf_chokolo Post author

Yeah, it was really me who posted the link :-) And it’s not about money donations, guys. Read it please.

1. ModIt

You should sell them tea ;) Didnt asked for hacking related things – more what do you do with your freetime and how do you come along with this pressure?

2. Stefan

schade dass man von dir nix weiteres hört! ich hoffe mal dein anwalt versaut nix :( ( und ich hoffe ihr habt ne riesen liste mit argumenten die für dein eigentum + deine rechte stehen!

2. xPreatorianx

@Spider get a fucking life m8. It’s none of your damn business on what people do with their money. Unless your spending all of your money that you spend on recreational activities on helping people across the world, you are being a hypocrite. Why don’t you do this, instead of moaning at people on the internet on how to spend their financing, and bible thumping like a moron. Why don’t you cancel your internet service, sell your computer and any other equipment that you have in your house that is not absolutely essential to surviving and donate all of that money + your income to a charitable foundation. I don’t foresee that happening so STFU and go preach on a soap box somewhere else. People will spend their money anyway they please, if they decide to take ten 100 dollar bills and wipe their ass with it, that’s their choice not yours!

16. 0x90,0x90,0x90

Hello great Graf, these lawsuits can take more or less how long, I mean, when you can be sure to continue your beautiful work (as the dream du4l b00-t c-fw)? You could not keep it ano~n~ymous? Of course, only if you’re safe in doing so. Thanks friend! :) .

17. NTOUROS-THE-TERMINATOR

As Sony has send me a new e-mail explaining that PSN has hacked. Sony also explaining me to don’t be panicked as a client because new strong firmware will released at 3rd of MAY includes a strong system of security and aslo a new code that can’t be hacked. PS3 CONSOLE WILL BE LOCKED DOWN for ever!!!! Also firend chokolo i can tell that your luck is out of shit too!!! because new games will soon be released and strong titles as witcher 2 will not only have 3.60 security protection as portal but will have the protection of the new firmware of sony that will be unmatchable so all you HACKER ARE SLEEPING AS A SLEEPING GUMMY fish !! I HAVE A GREAT MESSEAGE TO SHOUT FOR ALL HACKERS OF PS3: DON’T BE HAPPPY WITH 3.55 CFW AND ALSO YOUR FIRMWARE REBUG IS A COPY OF KAMEWS WITH LITTLE SHIT OF CHANGE!!! THE LUCK FOR ALL HACKERS IS SHIT!!!!! SHIT!!!! SHIT!!! AND IF YOU CAN’T UNLCOK 3.60 UNTIL 3RD OF MARCH YOU CAN’T HACK THE NEW FIRMWARE!!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE BUT YOU ARE DEAD HACKER, BUT NOT ONLY A HACKER, YOU WILL BE UNKNOWN HACKER AND PS3 HACKERS ARE NOOBS. PSP HACKERS RULES!!! YOU ARE FAKE!!!

1. Cookie

Thats was either the most idiotic post I’ve ever read, or a brilliant troll, I really can’t tell. Condemning and praising hackers is the same post. Brilliant!

1. Spider3

I do agree, it’s so messed up that it’s even impossible attempt to give an answer to this flood of undefined arguments :P

1. andy

NTOUROS … that’s Greek. Maybe in Greek I had understood him, but his chaotic English is even worse than my Finnish. ;-P (And besides, SCREAMING AROUND does not give your arguments more weight; it rather ridicules them even more.)

2. xPreatorianx

Gotta love the ignorant Sony fanboys like Terminator. 1) Graf doesn’t give a flying fuck about games at all. 2) Nothing is unhackable and your a brain dead moron if you think otherwise. 3) You are soo stupid it’s simply astonishing. Was your mom a crackwhore or something? It would explain a lot. WE CAN HACK OUR DEVICES IF WE FEEL LIKE IT. It’s our system…deal with it.

18. xRamses

Now we all see how much people are addicted to play online on the ps3… Its just enormous. And graf i also would be interested how you manage the huch pressure, or is SONY busy atm? mfg xRamses

19. xRamses

Thats good! I think SONY’s lawyer have now other work to do so i hope that they will give up. But as stubborn (hope this means ‘stur’?) as SONY is i dont believe that.. mfg xRamses

20. King Reggin

Now that hackers have hacked the PSN, it is time for new laws to ban hacking of any form, with the sentence a swift execution.

1. biobunny

Look not all of them are bad. The ones that hacked PSN are bad as well as the ones that hack governmental stuff. But allot of the homebrew, iDevice, Droid hackers are also innovators. What your saying is like all (race of people) are bad.

2. xRamses

Yeah and then somesome came which doesn’t matter if he get executed and get the data of ALL internet users. mfg xRamses

3. biobunny

Also as a note about that then: Sony, Microsoft, the goverment, innovators, security professionals, security companies should die as well?

4. jordanmoore

This is where people’s ignorance really kicks in. Without “hackers”, you wouldn’t have a computer, a TV, ANY computerised goods. Hackers are programmers, coders – nothing bad. You’re thinking of Crackers, these are the people that break into systems etc. If hacking was to be met with swift execution that means I’d get “killed” for writing a simple hello world! alert(‘hello world!’); </script Oh no, please don't kill me. :( On a side note, I'd be extremely happy if the PSN stayed down forever. It's clearly clouding the minds of individuals. People need to learn old skills such as LEARNING and LISTENING. /rant

21. biobunny

Graf, is there any way to prevent direct commenting so there are less insults as well as the ability to block people. Haters please read my other comments and please research using the magnicifient tools Google and Wikipedia before commenting. Please stop saying that all good and bad hackers should die just because you can’t play your COD. The world has more things behind this, stop making these innovators look bad.

22. nk

sony will make sure you dont get away with this asshole and you wont hav any mony or any thing to brag about when you are in jail stpid mother fucker

23. jordanmoore

Who ever runs this site: Would it not be possible to replace this site with a forum board? Download something free such as SMF. Set Graf as an SU and other trusted individuals as administrators. Ony give >= administrators the ability to create new threads etc so that it’s all controlled. Also set the security question to something trolls wouldn’t know. Hopefully that way we can clean out this blog from all the diluted PSN fanboys who seem to think Graf is responsible for the apocalypse? Sorry, I mean’t “outage”, with the amount that they’re flaming it’s an easy mistake ;)

1. xRamses

great idea :) ‘Also set the security question to something trolls wouldn’t know.’ I know some question they nerver will know :) mfg xRamses

2. Spider3

Yes Graf, please ^^ Just add a new section for registered users and captcha and everything else that would need more than 5 seconds to send a comment. 80% of trolls won’t bother then ;) “i just want to insult don’t loose time to insert captcha!!!”

24. Jamaican

So is your Project died or are you still working on it? Iam wondering where to find latest News about your Work..

25. biobunny

If graf_chokolo is powered by PS3Crunch then where’s PS3Crunch? The site has been wiped off to it’s original state.

26. hugo

@biobunny: Parent websites have been sold off… Looks like somebody took advantage of Graf’s popularity…. Seems like Dukio offered him a site with the intent of commercial gain…… “Sell out” seems to come to mind.

1. euss

@hugo : apparently you didnt see the different defacements with fake donation request, youtube redirect and the attackvector statement left on the resetted WordPress page. Let me speak it out to you, if you are to blind to see the truth :

Sell out and commercial gain is not the issue.

Hostile takeover is the case. stop your unfounded FUD (the evidence and integrity of Dukio speaks for itself)

27. glevand

I have finished what graf and geohot failed to do. I am the master HV dev. “Link removed” for details. EDITED

1. graf_chokolo Post author

Hey, you boshtet, no links to CFW here !!! Damn glevand, you stole my Dual Boot !!!

1. cryptr

Good part is that in the git you can see it is mostly your code Graf. Sad part is he didnt credit you really.

1. Cookie

Yup, we all know who did 99% (more?) of the work. I bloody hope they add credit for those that deserve it.

1. biobunny

(UPDATE) glevand’s dual boot stolen from Graf does not state any credit for Graf. Even if he states it, most people don’t know. Everywhere on the news is Graf’s stolen Dual-Boot. Damn Glevand!

2. cryptr

Good to keep developing. You thinking about a forum there too so we can discuss things. We should not really discuss ps3 developing here since that might cause Graf some headache.

28. Pingback: OtherOS Is Back! | ps3mfw.com

29. Creature

@glevand It would be nice, if you credit people who also made an effort that helped you make the Dual Boot. I know you said “I have finished..”, which implicates that others were involved in the development. However I do see on you page: “I brought back what you took away.” This sentence absorbs all the credit to one person, which is not right, in my opinion.

30. user

Nohting new about this “cfw dual-boot”. You stole graf_chokolo works, and many others contributors works. Since the release of otheros-utils GameOS applications by graf_chokolo on git.dukio.com, anyone was able to install petitboot on vflash5 and install GNU/Linux on vflash7. ( both resized ) It is possible for a long time now. it’s really disrespectful and useless. Shame on you and the bunch of retards who support this… @graf_chokolo, You should explain publicly that this “cfw dual-boot” release provide nothing more than what we had already, thanks to you. And this guy simply USE your tools. ps : I support you since the very beginning, and i can’t stand that a guy stole your work. I donated you some money. re-ps : If you don’t remember me, i’m the same “user” who used to test your tools at ps3-development-page, i miss this time. :p

31. Pingback: OtherOS Makes A Return! Dual Boot GameOS/Linux CFW Released | PS3 Exploits

32. biobunny

@gleveland I don’t know what’s happening behind the other side but please give Graf credit. Also please don’t be arrogant if you are.

1. xPreatorianx

He did give credit on his official site m8. He may have been a bit snide here but on the site he has given credit. He also did more than simply copy and pasting the tools. He at least made the tools work on my unit, without any fuss, and also added a bit more bug fixes or whatever. I 100% support Graf’s work, but since he can’t work on it anymore, and it’s all Open source, someone else working on it is welcomed! Since he has given credit, he’s done all he needs. Plus he even re-released the code back into the wild under the same license IIRC. Nothing shady about what he did. He just got a bit carried away and made a snide remark.

1. xPreatorianx

Ok it seems I’m entirely wrong on the credit part. He did open source everything but he did not credit graf. This is the only “credits” I see on the website : @gitbrew.org Thanks guys for your great support. @SONY My hardware, my rules. I brought back what you took away. Yea the dude needs to give credit where credit is due. No matter what’s going on with graf atm, he still deserves credit for his hard work!

33. user

You do not understand. It’s not about “giving credits ot not”. It’s just the guy do not provide anything new. He just add graf_chokolo lv1 patchs in “his” custom firmware, and made this with ps3mfw. But it do not provide anything useful. ( and new… ) We still have to use graf_chokolo otheros-utils GameOS applications. Like i said, it’s possible since the release at git.dukio.com by graf_chokolo. We still have to re-run some application(s) to launch petitboot. Like we used to do, since 3 weeks. People need to understand there is nothing new under the sun with this “cfw dual-boot” release. All the tools/text/how-to/whatever at http://gitbrew.org/otheros/ was already available. ( since the release of graf_chokolo at git.dukio.com ) So, yes, he just do nothing. The true contributors, testers, and followers of graf_chokolo works since the beginning know it. But it seems that the others, the “i am waiting for any release you can give me, even if it’s bad copy/past leak” are not aware of this. So, again, shame on him, and shame on people who support this. ps : I will not even talk about the disparaging remarks he made ​​about graf_chokolo ( and geohot xD ). the “I brought back what you took away.” is just a big lol. re-ps : and yes, i’ve take a look at his git repository, in the git log, and i confirm again, nothing new, some copy/past, some bad merge, and hell ! thanks god, he at least made ​​some “fix”. final-ps : In conclusion, I’m really laughing about the whole “Finally ! cfw OtherOS++ !” all over the web. It’s just pathetic. *A guy who follow graf_chokolo works since the beginning, test his tools, have petitboot installed on vlfash5 and can access to it since more than 3 weeks now, support graf_chokolo, can’t stand this sort of situation, yes, it’s me. :p*

1. xPreatorianx

That’s relative to be honest. All of graf’s previous tools didn’t work for me, and now they do thanks to this new guy. Plus it’s the first release, he said he’s going to expand on it. Again whether or not you like the guy, he has at least helped me out in getting this to run so I have both him and graf to thank. Of course graf did the majority of the work, but if this guy actually takes over and continually improves it why complain? As long as he actually gives credit where credit is due, I don’t see a problem.

1. xPreatorianx

But in all honesty I don’t care. If the dude continues where graf left off which he said he is going too, and gives credit. It doesn’t bother me. We all know who did the original work considering he didn’t make any effort to hide that fact. hell the source files are even there on the site. So it’s not like he hid the fact of what he did. But if he expands on it, thank I’m fine. if he doesn’t give credit, and all of a sudden disappears than you can be the first one to say “I told you so.” But for me personally I have it running now thanks to the guy so I’m grateful. Also I’m not in the bunch who are all ecstatic about the CFW, I’m happy that I can finally enjoy graf’s hard work thanks to some fixes from someone else. I know damn well graf did the rest of the work, and I’m extremely grateful for that. Graf is a dieing breed in all honesty. People like him don’t deserve to be fucked over by corporate assholes just because he decided to use his hobby as a means to give enjoyment back to the world.

2. Cookie

Actually look at the source code of the tools. ALL HE ADDED WAS THE BEEPING IF IT’S SUCCESSFUL! SERIOUSLY LOOK! The only other differences have caused more issues. With the new tools running the linux script is needed on slims, it wasn’t needed before. He actually caused more issues with this release!

34. biobunny

I know glevand didn’t create the new otherOS tools but he did make it more easily available and created a better awareness that it exists. As well as the fact that he’s continuing Graf’s work as Graf can’t do anything currently. But I think he should give Graf credit and state “I’m continuing Graf’s lost work on otherOS.” Instead of “I’m master of PS3 Linux!” Glevand, please don’t be such a egoguy because they haven’t failed at all.

1. xPreatorianx

I agree. The guy actually made it work on my system so I’m grateful. We all know Graf is 98% responsible for the rest of the code. Glevand merely did a couple fixes, and incorporated some stuff into a CFW. But that still means he helped me actually enjoy Graf’s work. I 100% agree though that the dude was being a bit of a prick. But sometimes it just happens that way. I’m not in anyway condoning his attitude but some people just think they are hot shit. lol.

1. andy

It feels to me as it’s 1987 again with a hell-knows-what cracking group on the C64 or Amiga. How many times did I read that!! “You only did some bits but now you’re trying to make us believe you cracked half of it! No way, $INSERT_CRACKERS_HANDLE_HERE did it!” “Don’t tell me shit! $INSERT_CRACKERS_HANDLE_HERE only did the decryption and the disk loader code, but all other work was MINE! MINE, MINE!” Doesn’t that sound familiar to some of you guys? So in fact some of you are behaving the same way almost 25 years later as when they started in the scene at age of ~ 15.

35. user

Well, i’m tired to continu on this stupid issue. I’m just going to say this : graf_chokolo GameOS applications tools was ( are ) working for all ps3 models, except the 256MB NAND models. ( yes, we have *my testers and me, and many guys at #ps3Linux* tested them and all kind of models ;p ) If you didn’t succeed with them, it’s not because of graf_chokolo code and tools, I am thinking that the problem lies between chair and keyboard. ( no offense, it can happen to everyone ). And by the way, if you have some related questions about GNU/Linux and graf_chokolo tools, come to #ps3Linux, we’ll be glad to help you. @blobunny, “but he did make it more easily available and created a better awareness that it exists” ==> It is not true, like i said before… just read my previous post, and try to understand graf_chokolo code… ( please… ) Let’s be clear, I have nothing against this guy, i would be the first person to say “thanks a lot !” if he actually do something useful, by his own. But for now, it’s just ( like as i explained ) a pathetic and “look at me, i’m Sandra Dee” release. End of the story. ( for me, at least… )